Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bridal shower invitation

In November, I am helping to throw a bridal shower for my brother-in-law's fiancee (which would make her my soon-to-be-sister-in-law, I guess - how's that for a lengthy title?). The shower is being held at my in-law's church, which is also where the happy couple currently attends, so most of the guests will be invited through an announcement in the church bulletin. However, there are a few friends and family members being invited who don't attend the same church and we needed a few invitations to mail to them. The wedding colors are red, white, and black which was the inspiration for the invitations, plus a wedding theme of course. I kept the design simple since I didn't have a lot of time to put into them. Here's what I came up with...


(you can click on the photo for a larger view)

The cake and flowers are from PaperTrey Ink. I love the simplicity of the images and yet to me they look so classy and elegant. Once I got going on all the invitations (I made 10) they really only took me about an hour to make - perfect!

I bought red envelopes to mail them in so the whole thing will look coordinated. Being coordinated is pretty much my life's theme, I think!

We're doing more shower planning after I get back from my trip. This is the first shower I've ever thrown and planning it has been so much fun - I'm always up for a party!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Wow! I love the invitation...you did such a great job. And, I so appreciate the coordination too!

Have a fun trip!

Gretchen said...

Your future SIL is going to be so blessed. Enjoy the planning and the party.