Monday, October 27, 2008

Chicago: Day 3

Monday, October 6 was beautiful and ideal for a trip into downtown Chicago. My aunt and uncle picked us up from our hotel and we were on our way. Upon our arrival we drove up and down Lake Shore Drive to get an overview of the city and see the skyline and Lake Michigan. This was my second time in Chicago and it didn't disappoint!


Donald Trump's new building being built along Milwaukee Avenue.


We enjoyed a cafe lunch in Millennium Park and had fun taking pictures of The Crown Fountain and "Cloud Gate".






Our view at lunch!

After lunch we toured the Art Institute of Chicago. I went to the Art Institute about 10 years ago and was thrilled to see some of my favorites again this time.


"The Croquet Game" by Winslow Homer


"The Child's Bath" by Mary Cassatt


"Cliff Walk at Pourville" by Claude Monet


Ballet Dancer by Edgar Degas

On our way out of town we stopped at a cute Italian grocery store and picked up this wonderful fresh, homemade pumpkin ravioli and primavera sauce to have for dinner back at my aunt and uncle's house. Delicious!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

So glad you had a great time.

Faith said...

I love seeing all of your pics. I've never been to Chicago, but it looks cool!