Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chicago: Days 6 & 7

The second "half" of our trip began on Thursday, October 9 when we moved from our hotel in Oakbrook Terrace, IL to the hotel in Carol Stream, IL where we'd finish out our week. This was the hotel for my cousin's wedding - all the family and bridal party were staying there and the reception was held there Friday night. We got checked in and started meeting up with family around lunchtime. That evening was the rehearsal, followed by the rehearsal dinner. Dinner was delicious and it was so much fun to visit with everyone.


My cousins Trisha and Krista - sisters of the groom


My Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Pat


Me and my Dad

Friday we spent the day at the hotel, had an early lunch and then got ready for the wedding. The wedding colors were chocolate brown and ivory and everything had a fall theme. Every detail of the decor was beautiful and the reception hall was even prettier!


The head tables at the reception hall


Over 25 tables of 10 - a BIG reception. The favors were candy apples. YUM!


Jessica made all these centerpieces and my mom, grandma, and aunt were each asked to take one home. Are you catching the fall theme? So pretty!


The cake was banana flavored and was served with ice cream which was a nice treat. I love the Willow Tree figurine as a cake topper too.


The new Mr & Mrs, Jacob and Jessica

The wedding was a beautiful celebration of fall, but my favorite part by far was getting to see and visit with my family.

2 comments:

Faith said...

How pretty! I love fall weddings. The colors are just gorgeous. Hope you have a wonderful week...are you still working?

Adventures of Laura said...

Hey Faith - Yep, still working but this week I'm down to two half-days in the office and the other days I'll check email at home. This afternoon I wanted to only work an hour and ended up working two - but still that's not bad. I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! :)