Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So Much to be Thankful For


We have been on a roller coaster ride since this time last year, but through it all God has proved faithful and GOOD. I love Matthew 7:11 which reminds us what a loving and giving Father we have:

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

During this year I have been higher than I ever thought possible and lower than I knew a person could go. We announced our first pregnancy to our extended family at Thanksgiving last year, only to find out two weeks later that we'd suffered a miscarriage. In the new year we hoped month after month while God told us to wait on a family. We have been blessed with a new car, a promotion for A in a stable job during this very uncertain time in our economy, and an unexpected job for me. We have learned valuable lessons about our marriage and our finances through two classes at church this year. I am so thankful for my husband, our miscarriage, waiting on God, our home, our sweet kitty, our families, our church, our friends, our jobs (yes, even mine), and our second pregnancy which is progressing well. I am thankful for bloggers who take the time to let me peek into their lives and experience their joys and sorrows along with them, and I am thankful for everyone who takes a moment out of their day to see what's going on in my life. I wish each of you so much joy and a full, grateful heart this Thanksgiving!

Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. 1 Chronicles 16:8

3 comments:

petrii said...

Laura,

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Life has so many ups and downs and it is so great that you have recognized God in it all.

Blessings to you sweet one,
Dawn

Kristin said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a great reminder of God's blessings...through the good and the bad!

Faith said...

So thankful for how God has worked in your life and brought such joy out of such sorrow. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!