Monday, November 17, 2008

Work update

Hallelujah!!! A new employee has been hired as my replacement! Her first day will be December 1st and you better believe I am counting down.

I was supposed to be finished working at the end of October, but since they didn't have a replacement I agreed to stay on two afternoons a week. So I'm currently working Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, which has really freed up my schedule to get more things done around home. I can do probably 75% of the job from home so on the days I don't go into the office, I check email and work from home for an hour or two. The best part about the arrangement (besides getting to work in my pjs and slippers if I want to) is my office-mate...


Isn't she precious? Jasmine just loves to curl up on our desk chairs once the weather turns colder - the soft fabric must warm her right up!

Once new employee starts working I will train her a couple of days that first week of December. I am taking the whole week of Thanksgiving off work so at this point I officially have 4 days of work left - PRAISE THE LORD!

Thanks for praying for me and sticking with me through this whole unexpected work escapade!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Oh, that's great news! I know you must be so relieved knowing that it is almost over!

Gretchen said...

Yay for you, Laura. So glad for all of the timing in this...