Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lazy Afternoon...


I'm spending a few days at my parents' house this week. It's been really nice to be away from all the responsibilities at our house. Can't do much housework and grocery shopping when you're not at home!

This afternoon found me with a couple of hours alone at their house. Mom had closed the curtains to help keep the heat out, so the house was lit only with the minimal light that could seep in through the cloth or cracks in the blinds. The whole house was still and their two dogs and my Jasmine were all fast asleep for their afternoon siestas. I surfed blogs and checked email laying on the bed with my laptop perched on my stomach and my kitty asleep at my feet. This is the slow pace of hot summer days that I love.

"Start Slow and Taper Off" is a quote from a Susan Branch print that I just adore. It's also pretty much my summertime motto.

No comments: