Sunday, May 11, 2008

Things to pass the time when you're so stuffed up you can't breathe...

I didn't mean to take over a week off from blogging, but I was dealing with a bit of writer's block. Or maybe it's more appropriately called blogger's block. I was hoping to post again around the end of the week and then I got hit with this nasty, nasty cold virus. UGH! Can I just tell you how sick I am of not being able to breathe through my nose? And getting an itchy, scratchy throat when I breathe through my mouth (which pretty much leaves me with no options for breathing)? Seriously, even though I was on cold medicine all day yesterday, it felt like the meds were barely helping. I'm doing a little better today, although I'm still living for every 4th hour when I can take my next dose of Sudafed.

Friday was the first day I felt sick. I laid on the couch and spent a good portion of the day catching up on past episodes of these...



All day yesterday I watched this...


Today I am catching up on this...


And in between episodes and DVDs, I'm doing a little reading in this month's book club selection. I read it last fall so this is my second time through the book and it's still just as delightful...



So that pretty much sums up what I've been up to lately. Oh, and there have been naps. Lots and lots of naps. I've been too stuffed up to sleep very well the past couple of nights, so I have to make up for that somehow.

Finally, since it's Mother's Day, I want to send a wish for a very special day to my mom. She is a treasured friend and I am so blessed to have such a great relationship with her. Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

Please be in prayer for those who for some reason or another, might be having a hard time with this Mother's Day weekend. I never thought about this side of the Mother's Day celebration until I had trouble becoming a mom myself, but I hope I am always sensitive to it, even after I (hopefully!) become a mom.

Blessings to you all this weekend!!

No comments: