Monday, August 11, 2008

Bad Blogger!!

Oh my goodness - I am so embarrassed by the terrible blogger I've become! Can I just be honest and say that this going back to work thing has completely thrown me for a loop? I know it is only part time and believe me, I feel like a crazy whiner even writing about this, but sheesh! I am having the hardest time making the adjustment! My respect goes out to any of you who hold any kind of job on a regular basis - you amaze me! And send me your tips for staying on top of things asap! :)

So aside from work, I don't have a ton to report on. One of the things I wrote about in a recent post was the crazy heat wave we were in. I am thrilled to report that it has broken! I think it broke early last week. We are now in "monsoon" season which I absolutely love! I love summer rain and if it comes with a thunderstorm I am one happy girl. Last Wednesday afternoon I was home when it clouded over, the sky got all rumbly with thunder and then the rain let loose. Hallelujah! You'd think I was growing crops or something with how excited I get over this, wouldn't you? I took a couple of photos - hopefully you can kind of tell that it is raining in these...



I sat at our back door and watched the rain for probably 20 minutes or so. It cleared up a bit for about an hour, but then later a softer rain started falling. A wasn't home from work yet so I grabbed a blanket and a book and curled up on the couch and enjoyed the rain. It almost felt like fall. Mmmmm, fall....I can't wait!

Tonight is my monthly book group meeting. We're discussing "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philippa Gregory. I am eager to see what everyone thought of it. I enjoyed the book for the most part, but felt like it was too long for my taste. I guess I'm more of a 300-400 page book fan and this one was 661 (but who's counting?). Even if we all hated the book, it is always fun to get together, share, laugh, and eat!

I'll be back later this week with another post - I hope! I'm really going to try and be a better blogger...thanks for hangin' in there with me!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Hi Laura. I enjoyed The Other Boleyn Girl. It was a bit tawdry, but very fun and interesting to read in my opinion. I hope you have fun at your book club. I had one in CO and never really got into one in WA. I guess I should try to because I really do love to share ideas about books.

Glad the heat wave has broken. :)

Faith said...

Hey Laura! I've been thinking about you as you've been back to work. It really is hard to juggle everything, even working part time. I hope that this week is wonderful and you are able to get lots accomplished!

petrii said...

Hello Laura!! I hope that things are going well for you. I hope things get better for you at work. The heat has broke here to, in fact it's suppose to be a HIGH of 78 the next couple of days. Fall is a comin' :0)

Blessings to you,
Dawn