Saturday, August 23, 2008

Job = Paycheck!! :)

One of the most unexpected blessings from my job has been the addition of a second paycheck to our income. Most of it is getting put away into savings, but it has been fun to splurge on a few purchases recently.

I don't exactly have a work appropriate wardrobe anymore, nor am I looking to acquire one, but I did figure it'd be a good idea to buy a couple more tops that are nice enough for work, but still practical enough for every day life. I found these short sleeve sweaters that look dressy enough paired with pants or capris and a pretty necklace.


I burn candles at home nine months out of the year and we are quickly coming into those months again - hooray for fall! I bought two candles at Yankee Candle last weekend to help usher in the season.




They both smell heavenly! I think the blueberry scent will be a nice transition into fall and then I'll bring out the harvest candle in late September or early October. It's a nice spicy scent - cinnamon, cloves, apple, and pumpkin - my favorite fall smells!

And finally I bought a few stamping and papercrafting supplies from PaperTrey Ink. I won't go into the nitty gritty details of that order, except to say that I am so excited to start stamping with these new stamps...


I have always loved the pineapple as a symbol of hospitality, and I love the other images in this set as well. I'm thinking that these stamps will make some beautiful fall cards and accessories, and I'm also thinking I'll use them for our Thanksgiving cards this year. Stay tuned for more on that in the weeks and months to come...

We are laying low and just hanging around home this weekend. Last week was crazy busy at work and next week is going to be more of the same, so I'm trying to recover/recharge. I love relaxing weekends around home though - movies, a good book, a nap - you can't beat it! I think I'm going to bake a chocolate zucchini cake a little later on today...YUM!

Hope your weekend is a great one, too!

5 comments:

petrii said...

Those shirts are so cute and those candles ~~ OOOOOOO ~~ I love all things fall including spicy smelling candles!!

I was looking up my recipe for pumpkin spice cake last night!! I am so eager for fall to get here ~~ my fav time of year :0)
Have a Blessed Lord's day,
Dawn

Kristin said...

Yum! Yum! Yum! I love Yankee Candles!! :) I've never seen the Blueberry Scone, but I'll have to check that one out. I can't WAIT until fall!

Those shirts are adorable! I love the colors.

Gretchen said...

Fun to splurge a little on those things we don't need, but really, really love to have in order to make living most enjoyable. :)

Faith said...

I really like those stamps! Can't wait to see what you come up with using them.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I know it will be so nice just to get away and relax!

Thanks for your prayers. I am praying for you too!

Faith said...

Hey Laura, I hope you had a great weekend! I tagged you for something on my blog, so if you haven't done it before I would love for you to play along!