Friday, August 7, 2009

Excitement!

I love Disney: Disney theme parks, Disney songs, Disney movies, Disney characters. I was 10 or 11 when they released The Little Mermaid and I fell so in love with the film. When it was released on video (Does that make me sound old? I still have the VHS in our family room) I watched it every day for months. I loved its successors Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King just as much. As time passed though, I was less and less impressed with the Disney animated movies. They were enjoyable but I wasn't counting down to their theatrical release and very few of them made it into my home video library.

A couple of days ago I received an email from Walt Disney Pictures announcing their newest animated movie, The Princess and the Frog. I went to the movie's website and hot dog!!! It looks like the Disney movies that I loved years ago!!


I guess at some point Disney stopped using hand animation for their films. I am not knowledgeable about animation so while I didn't know what the difference was, I did notice a difference and apparently wasn't as impressed by the new stuff. But The Princess and the Frog marks a return to hand drawn animation and I couldn't be happier!

Look at these images from the film. Aren't they gorgeous, magical, and everything wonderful that a Disney movie should be?



You can watch the trailer and several other videos about the movie on its website. The story is set in New Orleans and looks so delightful! It opens December 11 and I'm already looking forward to seeing it!

No comments: