Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Scratch Heard Round The World

Can you believe it??? A post two days in a row!!!

My brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first child (a baby boy!) in a couple of months and we are all very excited to have another baby in the family. I'm even more glad that it won't be me going through the experience of having a first baby again! ;) Every day is such a learning experience - I am grateful each night when I go to bed that I have one more day of "mom skills" under my belt.

My sister-in-law's baby shower is next week, although I actually sent her shower gifts with my parents when they visited them in June. My craft time is more limited these days, but I did want to make her a few things.

For my baby shower she made me a beautiful diaper cake. I wanted to do something similar for her and found the idea for a diaper wreath online. Not only is it less involved, but it's smaller too and easier to pack/ship.


She's decorating the baby's nursery in a safari theme with the dominant colors being khaki and white. You know I loved having an excuse to shop for some fabric to match! She's getting this set of burp cloths for the shower...


...and the baby's getting this snugglie blanket as part of his baby gift.


One of my cousins and his wife are expecting their first baby this fall and my best friend from college is expecting a baby girl this November. I love making baby gifts and my friends and family keep giving me excuses to do so!

Here's a picture of Charla from this morning. She's sporting a scratch under her left eye which we have dubbed "The Scratch Heard Round the World." Last night just before bedtime routine, A was bouncing her on his knee. She had her thumb in her mouth and the rest of her fingers on her face and somehow ended up scratching herself. The screaming and crying that followed was like nothing we've ever heard before!! I kept looking her over to try and figure out what was wrong, but this little mark didn't appear for a good 10 minutes. Thankfully she was much calmer by that point. We are sure grateful that all the crying and tears weren't because of something more serious!

She's kind of giving me puppy-dog eyes in the photo, but she really is just fine and a happy baby today!

No comments: