Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter crafts

I know this post is a bit late, but I wanted to share a couple of the crafts I used for my table this Easter. The first thing I decided to make for Easter was cloth napkins. When I was in college I "decorated" (if you can call it that) my dorm room with seasonal fabrics draped over tables, my nightstand, etc. I found a bunch of those recently and the fabrics are really cute and have held up well, so I didn't want to just throw them away. My idea was to make napkins out of them. I had three coordinating Easter prints and I picked up the green fabric at JoAnn fabrics to coordinate with all three prints and kind of pull the set together. I think they turned out pretty darn cute and we loved using them for Easter dinner!




The second thing I made for our Easter table was these cute place cards. I wanted something springy but not too complicated. These little grassy place cards were perfect - and no mowing is required! I found the idea in the March 2008 issue of Martha Stewart Living.


Cut a 3-by-4-inch rectangle from green card stock. On one short side, fold under one inch to create a base. Stamp of write a name on the place card. Using scissors or a paper cutter, cut a series of grass blades, stopping about one inch from the bottom. I used my paper trimmer and made the cuts 1/8 inch apart. To finish, make angled cuts along the top. I think this would be a cute idea for any kind of springtime dinner!

No comments: