Monday, September 29, 2008

Baking Extravaganza

For the past 4 years my friend Sarah and I have gotten together on a Saturday in the fall to bake. We each select a recipe for the upcoming fall/Christmas season, bring the ingredients, and also make an apple pie to freeze and bake when we need it. This Saturday was our baking day this year. We made two kinds of truffles (Sarah's recipe)...


Swirled pumpkin bread (my recipe) - and yes, I did cut a slice off to enjoy with my breakfast Sunday morning...


and apple pie, ready to freeze and bake later this fall...


Tomorrow I am taking treats to the college Christian organization where A and I met. Sunday I baked these cookies called "Peanut Butter Spotlights." They are a peanut butter cookie batter with Reese's pieces throughout. YUM! I hope the students enjoy them.


So now we have a loaf of pumpkin bread that we're enjoying, another loaf in the freezer, a frozen apple pie to bake and enjoy later, several dozen truffles in the freezer (which will be perfect for Christmas parties), and cookies for the poor, starving college students. With all this baking, I almost feel like a decent homemaker again! ;)

3 comments:

petrii said...

MMMM I want me some pumpkin bread ~~ Do we live close? :0) How how I wish we did !! I'd be in on that Saturday baking extravaganza!!

Blessings to you, Dawn

Kristin said...

Oh my! What a great use of a Saturday!! :) Yummy!

Gretchen said...

Shall I post my address now? I feel the need for a care package about right now. :) What a great tradition.