Saturday, September 13, 2008

Quirks

Thank goodness Faith tagged me with this "quirky" meme because I have been seriously lacking for blogging inspiration. It's not that my life has been boring, just not necessarily blog worthy. Anyway, I was thrilled when Faith let me know I'd been tagged because this gives me a perfect excuse to blog!

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six fellow bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the six blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

Here's the quirky scoop on me...

1) I hate having water on my face or in my eyes. I have been this way ever since I can remember and even have memories of being in the bathtub as a kid and having to tip my head way, way back so my mom could rinse the shampoo out of my hair without getting any down my face. To this day I have to shower with a washcloth and I'm constantly wiping the water off my face and especially out of my eyes. My husband loves to just stick his whole head under the spray to rinse off - I will NEVER do this.

2) My books have to be kept in pristine condition. No matter how many times I've read them, I don't like the cover wrinkled, the pages bent, or (heaven forbid!) the spine creased. Basically my goal after having read a book is to have it still looking like I just brought it home from the book store.

3) I can't have the covers over my head when I'm asleep (or at least falling asleep. If I do I feel like I'm being smothered and suffocated. Again, hubby thinks this is nuts and loves to burrow all the way down into the blankets, but not me. I will pull them way up over my head, but I have to make a little air tunnel between my face and the outside world lest I use up all the oxygen under those covers.

4) I organize my grocery list according to the store layout. I find that it saves me time and helps keep cold items from warming up while I wander to and fro along every aisle in the rest of the store. It takes a little more time when I'm making my plan, but since I make one big shopping trip a month, I'm already making a huge list anyway and organizing doesn't really take that much longer. Plus it really satisfies my control freak personality.

5) I am a neat freak everywhere in my life except on my desk at home. Even I can't figure out or justify this one. I thought for about .4 seconds about posting a picture just so you can see what a mess my desk is, but it's just too embarrassing for an organizational freak like me. I do prefer it clean and will straighten it up from time to time, but when the slightest bit of stress or craziness comes into my life, it is back to looking like a paper bomb went off. I'm so ashamed.

6) I love, love, love magazines. I buy them just because they make me happy. When I worked full-time I bought one or two nearly every time I went to the grocery store, but now I try and subscribe to the ones I really love, which is still around 10 or so. It's harder to keep up with them right now and I have a lovely pile of around 20 or so next to our couch that I'm still needing to flip though. Oh well - they'll keep! :) Still, there is nothing like coming home after work and relaxing and escaping into a magazine for a few minutes!

Now for the tagging part which makes me a little nervous. I honestly don't know too many people who read my blog, but I'll give it a whirl. I tag Kristin, Gretchen, Dawn, and Mer. I know that's not six, so if you want to play along, please join in!

3 comments:

Faith said...

This is great! I love your list. That is so funny about the books, and I am the same way with the covers!

Glad you played along. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness! I'm the same way about the books...and I've gotten made fun of my entire life for it. My sister and I are the same way about them. You would have no idea that we've read all the books we own...sometimes more than once! :) I'm so glad someone else does this too!

Gretchen said...

I promise to play...might be a day or 2. THanks for the tag.

I love me some mags, too. But...I'm hard on books. I'm probably a slob compared to you, and don't mind my face getting wet.

Fun to learn about each other.