Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Closet Clean-Up

It is sunny and 65 degrees here today which I am loving! I've got the back patio door open to let in the warm air and I feel like I should break out the flip-flops! It definitely doesn't feel like January but I will gladly take it.

This past weekend we worked on the nursery. The nursery is going to be in the 2nd bedroom upstairs which is right next to ours. Currently that room is our office so it's hardly vacant. It has a huge closet that runs the entire length of one wall and since we had no one else to need the space, A and I have done our best to fill it up. :) This weekend we tackled the closet to clear out half of it for the baby. I'm happy to report that we did go through everything in the closet and sorted most of it into trash, donate, and keep piles. We did clear out half of the closet and I was able to start putting some baby things in there. It's not much yet, but it's coming along and it feels good to have some clutter-free space!


We're going to get some closet organizers to hang in there as well to help make the space more functional.



We had baby class last night and toured the hospital where our baby will be born. It was great to be able to see the rooms and the environment, which are very nice, but it was a little scary and overwhelming too. I am just so afraid that something will go wrong with labor, delivery, or the baby. Our hospital has a very good NICU and Denver is only an hour away, so I feel confident that our baby will be in capable hands if it needs any special medical attention, but it's one of those things that is hard to think about. So I try not to. This is also a great place for me to recite scripture, especially this week's verse, and tell Satan to stop feeding me fear.

Tonight we're staying in and will probably tune into American Idol. The new judge kind of cracks me up with her no-nonsense attitude. I'm also not hating the auditions as much as I have the past couple of years. I didn't see the point in indulging people who are obviously just trying to be as bad or wacky as they can so they have have 15 seconds of fame on national TV. I read somewhere that the producers were going to cut back on airing those types of auditions this year and so far that seems to be somewhat true. We'll see what tonight brings though - who knows?!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Isn't it fun to get all those little baby things ready? I remember laying them all out and just marveling at them all. They seem so tiny. Until you realize that they'll look big on the baby for a little while. Fun times.