Thursday, January 15, 2009

Scripture Memory for 2009 - verse 2

In the last two weeks I've memorized Romans 4:20-21 from the English Standard Version, which says:

No distrust made him waver regarding the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what He had promised.

Now it's onto verse number two. In the past few days I've been prayerfully seeking what verse God would lead me to memorize next. Nothing was really calling out to me until yesterday when I was flipping through Proverbs.

Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.

Proverbs 3:25-26 NIV

These verses really struck me because I have dealt with several major losses in the past year or so, both directly and indirectly. Fear is something I've struggled with as a result. Beth encouraged us to memorize a verse that we need, and this is it for me right now. So that's what I'll be memorizing until February 1st - if you're joining in this scripture memory challenge I'm praying for you and think you're just awesome!

2 comments:

petrii said...

Laura,
I absolutely love memorizing the Word. But somehow I needed a push to do so again, and this was it for me as well.

My verses this time are: Romans 12:10-11. Just what I "need" in this season. Didn't you just love the mini-tutorial. I thought it was great.

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Faith said...

What a great verse that will surely bring comfort to your heart and help you stand firm against the temptation to fear.