Friday, January 2, 2009

Scripture Memory for 2009

I have never been good at memorizing scripture, but in 2008 God got a hold of my heart and started impressing on me the importance and power of doing it. It started in January when Beth Moore asked us to memorize Psalm 121 through the 7 weeks of her study, Stepping Up. Once I'd finished with that, I took a few months off but in the summer was really convicted to pray over and memorize scripture that God led me to regarding our desire for a family. I thought that was powerful before I was pregnant, but many of the verses I chose had to do with trusting God and believing Him which started to really get relevant as I struggled with fear about having another miscarriage.

For 2009, Beth is leading a scripture memory challenge and I am committing to taking part. On the 1st and 15th of every month I'll be posting the scripture that I'm memorizing. Here's the first:

No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.

Romans 4:20-21 ESV (English Standard Version)

2 comments:

petrii said...

Laura,
YAY I'm doing this too. I'll be posting my verses as well ~~ what a great way to stay accountable!!!

I love you new "look" ~~ beautiful!!

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn

Faith said...

Those verses are some of my favorites. I'm looking forward to hiding more of God's Word in my heart this year.

Happy New Year!!