Wednesday, February 11, 2009

34 weeks

I am 34 weeks pregnant today. That means that in 6 short weeks I will be 40 weeks. So far my doctor is advising that I don't go past 40 weeks because of my blood pressure issues, so this could potentially mean that in the next 6 weeks I'll be having a baby! Hopefully that will be closer to 6 weeks from now rather than sooner, but the reality is starting to really set in. It is exciting and scary all at the same time!!

According to BabyCenter, our baby weighs about 4 3/4 pounds - around the size of a cantaloupe. The baby is approximately 18 inches long. WOW!


Our first baby shower was this past weekend. Thirteen ladies showered me with gifts galore and lots of love - we are so touched by the outpouring of blessings from this special group of friends. I haven't gotten pictures of the actual shower yet, but here is the food table and the sweet diaper cake that my sister-in-law made for us.



I LOVE the diaper cake so much - especially the pooh bear she found for us!! I've been organizing the gifts a little at a time and getting them put away in the baby's closet which is filling up fast. I also need to start getting things washed so they're all ready for our baby whenever it decides to make its debut!

My fluid check and non-stress test for the baby are tomorrow morning, so if you think of it, I'd appreciate your prayers. THANKS!

4 comments:

petrii said...

Laura,
Oh sweet girl, I will so be praying for you tomorrow!!! I love the diaper cake, how sweet!!

Have a Blessed and restful evening,
Dawn

Faith said...

It won't be long now! Love all the pics from your shower. That diaper cake is too cute! Praying for you!!

Kristin said...

Happy 34 weeks!! That diaper cake is so cute!

Gretchen said...

Darling shower cake. 34 weeks, that's so cool; such a critical lung development date. :O)