Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Questionnaire

I saw this Christmas Tag on Kristen's and Faith's blogs last week. It was such fun to read about their Christmases, so I thought I'd join in too!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags are so wonderfully easy, but wrapped packages are much more fun to open. This year I'm trying to only use gift bags for really odd-shaped gifts.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial

3. When do you put up the tree? If we're in town, we put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving. If we're out of town we do it the next weekend.

4. When do you take the tree down? Ideally on New Years Day but sometimes it's in the few days following

5. Do you like eggnog? For about three sips but after that it's just too rich

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Either the Cabbage Patch doll named Tonya that I received from my Nana and Grandpa or the pair of pierced earrings that my parents gave me indicating I could get my ears pierced.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in-law

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, my parents gave me one as a Christmas gift when I was a teenager and it's the one we still use today.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail only, please!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmmm, I'm not sure.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometime in the summer I start keeping my eyes open for possible gift ideas...but I really get focused on it in November.

14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I can't remember - apparently it didn't make a big impression on me if I did.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies!

16. Lights on the tree? We alternate between white and colored lights each year - I like them both so I get the best of both worlds. This year they're white.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Do You Hear What I Hear?, Carol of the Bells, O Holy Night, Candlelight Carol

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? When I was little we always stayed home, but now that we live 2 1/2 hours away from my parents, we travel that short distance on the years we spend Christmas with them. The years we're with A's family we stay in town because they're here too.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes I can, but only thanks to the opening of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer."

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I'm with Faith that it's people wishing you "Happy Holidays." I always respond with "Merry Christmas" - that's the holiday I'm celebrating!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like our tree with lots of sentimental ornaments from years past and special memories.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A camcorder to record lots of baby moments come March!

And this isn't part of the tag but I thought it was kind of fun...




You Are a Creative Gift Giver



Your gifts are one of a kind, special, and well chosen.

Whether you've made it yourself or searched all over town...

There's really no one who has more of a personal touch than you.



2 comments:

petrii said...

This was so fun!!!!! You know, I've never seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. What is wrong with me?

Have a GREAT weekend,
Dawn

Faith said...

How fun! I'm so glad you played along. We share the same favorite Christmas movie...it's hilarious!!