Friday, June 27, 2008

All Better! :)

Happy Friday everyone! We made it to the weekend - hooray!

First off, thanks for your kind wishes and prayers for my migraines. I'm happy to report that I have been migraine-free for 2 days now. It's so nice to feel GOOD during the day so that I can actually get things accomplished.

One of the things that I did while I was laying around waiting for my head to stop pounding was select my next Bible study. My small group through church wrapped up at the end of April and I've kind of just been doing my own thing since then. I need to get back to a structured study, so I've decided to work through Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself.


I'm going to watch the intro video this afternoon. I've actually started this study twice before but have never gotten past the first week, not because I didn't like the study, but life just seemed to take over, I got distracted and never came back to it. Thus the reason I am blogging about it this time. I'm hoping that by declaring to the bloggy world that I'm planning to complete this study in the next 10 weeks, I will be more accountable to actually following through on that goal. The study is about the Holy Spirit's power in our lives and the fruits of the Spirit. I don't know about you but I could use some of the Spirit's power and fruit in my life!

I've also been catching up on blog posts this week and I found a cool thing over at BooMama's blog. A and I were already hoping to do a little home improvement project in the next couple of weeks, so I figure I'll blog about it and take part in BooMama's Before and After event, too! My goal is to refurbish our patio table. We'd like to clean and repaint the whole thing and recover the chair pads. I've had the table for almost 10 years and I've never done one thing to spruce it up, so it is l-o-n-g overdue. I look forward to sharing our (hopefully successful!) results with you on July 25!

BooMamaBeforeAfter

Tonight we are going to my in-laws house for dinner. A's aunt from Seattle is in town and we're going over to visit with her. I'm taking a tossed salad. I wasn't too lofty in my cooking goals when I talked to my mother-in-law on Tuesday since I didn't know how I'd be feeling. I'd better get myself some lunch and put together a salad while I'm in the kitchen. Hope your Friday is a great one!

Blessings!

No comments: