Monday, February 2, 2009

Scripture Memory for 2009 - verse 3

Over the last two weeks I have committed this verse to memory:

Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.

Proverbs 3:25-26 NIV

I will most likely post more about this at a later date, but in the last 4 weeks I've been having a few complications with my pregnancy. Thankfully they are nothing incredibly major, but enough to freak out this first-time mom if I let them get the best of me. The verse I've chosen to commit to memory for the next two weeks is:

O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.
Psalm 30:2 NIV

It's a short one but it is a verse that I need right now. I am praying for God's healing hand over my health and trusting Him to take care of me and our baby and know that hiding this verse in my heart is a huge help!

Blessings,

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm sorry to hear of the pregnancy scares!! I'll be praying that everything calms down for you and you & the baby are well.

petrii said...

Laura,
God has been laying you on my heart lately. I've been praying, but didn't realize you were having complications. I will be praying sweet girl. If you'd like me to pray specific, please feel free to e-mail me and I will so lift up specifics.

GREAT verses!!! I love the Word of God so much!!

Have a Blessed day dear one,
Dawn

Faith said...

Laura, I really hope that you and the baby are doing okay. I'll be praying for you both!