Monday, February 16, 2009

Scripture Memory for 2009 - verse 4

It's hard to believe that we're on the 4th verse of this scripture memory challenge already! God has done so much in my heart and for my pregnant self through the verse from the first of this month. I love it so much:

O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.
Psalm 30:2 NIV


At my 34 week check up, my fluid level, blood pressure, and baby's movement were all normal once again. I cannot tell you what a relief this is to me. If things are normal again this week, they're going to consider reducing the frequency of the tests. I'm happy to have the testing if I need it, but to not need it would be wonderful too!

For my 4th verse, I'm going to tag along with Beth and memorize Malachi 3:16. I love her explanation and outlook on the verse from her blog.

Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in His presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored His name.
Malachi 3:16 NIV


I want to give the Lord lots of good things to listen to and hear and less of the criticism and mean thoughts that He hates. How 'bout you?

Side note: Hubby is still sick and stayed home from work today. If you think of it, would you take a moment to lift him up in prayer for healing and a quick recovery from this crazy cold? Many thanks!!

2 comments:

petrii said...

Laura,
Just prayed for your hubby. I hope he is feeling better soon.

That is great news from the Doc. I'll continue to pray for you dear one.

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn

Faith said...

GREAT verse!

I just said a prayer for your sweet husband. Hope he is feeling much better soon!