Saturday, February 21, 2009

Boot Camp and Blankets

This morning A had a class at our doctor's office called "Boot Camp for New Dads." It lasted three hours and was all about current dads giving new dads advice about babies. I wish I could have been there to hear the "inside scoop" from a dad's point of view!

While he was gone, I took care of some things around home - namely baby laundry. I have a baby shower on Monday and I still hadn't washed the things we received at our first shower, so I thought I'd better get going on that. I don't think I have ever had so much fun doing laundry!!


I love that everything is so little and soft and in such sweet, pastel colors!


Jasmine helped out as best she could. I like to pretend that this means she's excited for the baby, but it's more likely just something new that she wanted to check out.


Call my crazy, but this just makes me HAPPY!

I also took some photos of the baby blankets I finished up yesterday. Seriously, these are nothing special but they were quick which is what I needed. I just took two pieces of coordinating flannel and sewed them right sides together, then turned them inside out and zig-zag stitched around the edge. The finished blanket is about 35x42 inches. I made two girl blankets and two boy blankets.






I hope these will be a useful size and that they'll hold up well. Guess I'll find out when our baby makes its debut and I take one to use one with him/her!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

How sweet!! I love the adorable pile of soft baby clothes :)

Faith said...

I love everything you've been working on...so cute!!

petrii said...

Laura,
I LOVE those blankets. And how doable are those? Oh my goodness I could totally do that!!

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn