Tuesday, April 22, 2008

American Idol - Top 6


Okay Peeps - another Tuesday night has come, which means a solid 2 hours of vegging in front of the TV thanks to American Idol and then Dancing With The Stars results. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Tonight's theme is the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber which will be awesome for a crazy Broadway fan like me! The contestants have some BIG shoes to fill...

Live! THIS...is American Idol!

Syesha - "One Rock n' Roll Too Many" - I'm not familiar with this song which is surprising to me since I thought I knew most of Webber's song. I liked the performance and I think she sang it really well. She looks great and she's got the animation and attitude that the song deserves. This is the first time I've actually been into one of Syesha's performances, so for me that makes it her best performance so far!

Jason - "Memory" - Surprising song choice, but overall fairly good. Not great for me, and it is hard not to compare it to the original and all the women I've heard sing it throughout the years.

Brooke "You Must Love Me" - Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I just didn't think this was good, especially after the botched beginning. I'm just not feeling good for her at this point...

David A - "Think of Me" - Good advice from Webber about the eyes!!! i cheered when they played that bit. This song was completely different from the original, but I think it worked. Like Syesha, this was the first time I've actually enjoyed a performance by David A, so I applaud him!

Carly - "Jesus Christ, Superstar" - Carly ROCKS!!!! This was awesome with a capitol A! She looks awesome and the song was totally her style. Best performance of the night for me!

David C - "Music of the Night" - Kind of a surprising song choice, but I think he pulled it off. The man can definitely sing!

Should go - I'm afraid time may be up for either Jason or Brooke

Will go - Jason or Brooke

Best of the night - Carly - rock it girl!!! :)

No comments: