Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Happenings

Just thought I'd share a few things about my day. First of all, I made a major killing at Walgreens this morning. I used a lot of tips and deals from MoneySavingMom to score some major savings. First thing this morning I took probably an hour (maybe more) and planned my shopping trip, printed coupons, and organized my list so that I would be getting the most for my money. Walgreens had an additional coupon for $5 off a purchase of $20 or more today which made my trip that much more economical. Anyway, thanks to sales and coupons, I bought $59.09 worth of merchandise for $9.23. PLUS, several of the items I bought are free after mail-in rebate, so I'll be getting $11.88 back from Walgreens once I get that sent in. I actually MADE money this morning - sweet! I don't think I'll be doing this kind of shopping every week, but it sure is fun when I can work them out! Here's the photo of what I got...



Second, the sun is out!! It isn't awfully warm and we've had some major wind gusts, but at least the sun is shining. Early next week we're supposed to get into the 70s - now that's more like it! So that I won't be accused of only posting bad weather photos, here is one of the sun steaming in and shining on the tulip on my kitchen table...



Apparently I'm not the only one who missed the sunshine...



She's one happy camper this afternoon and so am I. Happy Friday!

No comments: