Monday, April 7, 2008

Sunshine

I have always appreciated the sun, but it wasn't until I began staying at home full-time that I really started to love it. I now notice the way it crawls into the crevices of my home's decor and accents whatever it shines upon. I especially love the morning sun, but our house doesn't receive a whole lot of it because the majority of our windows face west. Our front door faces east though, and we have a lovely arch window at the top of the door, which lets in a bit of soft morning sunlight. Just inside the front door is a curio cabinet with some candles, flowers, etc on the top. One of my favorite moments of the day is when I come downstairs and all the windows and blinds are still closed from the night before, yet the sun is streaming in through the arch in our door and highlighting this spot. It always makes me smile.




Unfortunately, today I didn't get to enjoy this little moment because we are experiencing this ...



Oh well, maybe tomorrow...

No comments: