Tuesday, April 15, 2008

American Idol - Top 7


Another fun-filled week with American Idol! This week's mentor is Mariah Carey...hmmmm...not too sure about this one. I liked Mariah when she first started out and I was oh, 11, but I'm kind of over her at this point. She's a little too sensual and racy for my taste and I haven't bought one of her CDs in years. Oh well, enough about that...let's get to the music!

David A - "When You Believe" - Oh Wow! I love this song - from the Prince of Egypt soundtrack. I love the melody, the message, everything; guess I forgot it was a Mariah song. Actually it's been so long since I've heard it that I think I forgot about the song. He did a good job with it, although I do prefer the original.

Carly - "Without You" - Carly is my new favorite since Michael left last week. She looks great tonight! Rockin' performance y'all! I totally disagree with Simon and Randy (I liked the restraint she practiced at the beginning). Note to self: VOTE for Carly tonight!!

Syesha - "Vanishing" - A good performance. Didn't really wow me or anything, but a valiant effort.

Brooke - "Hero" - Well, I like this song fairly well, but I'm not really digging this version. It needed more instrumentation or something. I feel like the song is too powerful to perform it "unplugged." She seemed really nervous too. I also wish she'd stop talking back to the judges. I've heard other express this opinion too - it's judging not a conversation!!

Kristy Lee - "Forever" - She looks awesome tonight! I don't know this song, but I think that she did a great job with it. So far she and Carly have been the girls who've succeeded with the Mariah songs tonight.

David C - "Always Be My Baby" - Not digging this version. Sorry to say that, as I do like this song and I like David. I guess it was just too different for my tastes this evening. That said, I do think he's the strongest male in the competition right now and can definitely sing. I just didn't really dig this performance.

Jason - "I Don't Want To Cry" - It was okay for me. Not great, but certainly not bad either. I do however wish I was at a luau on the beach!

Should go - Brooke

Will go - After the upset last week, I think it could come up and smack Brooke in the face this week. But I think Syesha and Kristy Lee could be vulnerable this week, too.

Best of the Night - Carly (Despite what the judges said. I'm on the phone voting for her right now!)

No comments: